The Golf Course Manager, Golf Shop Supervisor, golf staff, ranger, starter and golf course superintendents are authorized to enforce any and all golf rules.
The Golf Course Manager/Supervisor/Superintendent has the authority to remove a golfer from the facility for misbehavior. He is also authorized to report such incidents to the University Police Department, if damages are involved.
The Golf Course Manager/Supervisor/Superintendent and their assistants are authorized to determine when the golf course is unfit for carts or play.
Tee Time Reservations
- Tee times will be in effect all year – currently at 10 min intervals.
- Tee times may be booked by calling the Pro Shop at 662-234-4816 or book online.
- Tee times may be booked 14 days in advance for guests and up to 30 days in advance for annual course members.
- Tee times may be booked for 1 to 5 players. excluding selected holidays and special events. Groups may also be paired at the discretion of golf shop staff.
- Outings and tournaments of 16 players or more may be booked up to 1 year in advance by the Pro Shop Manager/Supervisor.
- Walk-up play will be accommodated on a first come first serve basis if tee times are available.
- Please check-in at the Pro Shop desk at least 20 minutes prior to your tee times.
- Each player in a group is required to check-in with the Pro Shop prior to play.
- All players must begin their round on the #1 tee unless directed to #10 by the starter or pro shop staff.
- Please keep your receipt for the duration of your round as it make be checked by the starter/ranger at any time.
Late Check-In, No-Show, and Cancellation
***Due to recent operational changes, this policy will be enforced to allow for maximum course access under COVID19 restrictions.
- Failure to check-in 20 minutes prior to your scheduled tee time may result in loss of tee time and or no-show fee charges.
- Players wishing to cancel a tee time must do so at least 2 hours in advance to avoid no- show fees, loss of booking and or playing privileges.
- A “per reservation” no-show fee of $20 will be charged to the person who booked the tee time at the discretion of Pro Shop mgmt. Payment of this fee will be applied to respective member account(s) and or required upon next check-in.
- Late/no-shows will result in suspension of tee time booking privileges.
- All golfers wishing to ride must pay for golf carts and receive a key in the Golf Shop before beginning play. All carts must be returned to designated parking areas.
- Cart program members allowing golfers who have not paid the proper cart fees to ride with them will be subject to loss of cart privileges and possible loss of membership.
- No more than two people shall ride in a golf cart. Only licensed drivers shall be allowed to drive a golf cart.
- Carts shall not be inside the designated “No Cart” signed area around the greens.
- Carts may never be driven on the tees or green slopes.
- Carts shall remain on the cart paths at all times when the “Cart Path Only” signs are out.
The Ole Miss Golf Course DOES NOT have a lightning detection and or warning system. In the event of inclement weather (lightning, high winds, etc.) while playing/visiting The Ole Miss Golf Course, patrons are strongly encouraged to seek shelter in the club house until the weather conditions become more favorable. Patrons choosing to remain on the course or practice facilities during inclement weather are doing so at their own risk.
Please adhere to the following safety recommendations and course guidelines below:
- No lightning detection system, warning and or alert system is available.
- Golf cart GPS restrictions remain in place during inclement weather. Please remain on cart paths unless alternate “mulch” paths are designated when returning to the club house for shelter. These paths are located on Hole #15 to #2, #7 to #9 and #11 to #10. Alternate “mulch” paths are not accessible when “cart path only” restrictions are in place.
- Neither the cart GPS nor golf staff will alert you of severe weather while on the course.
- Monitor current weather conditions by using smartphone app alerts/radar, etc.
- Seek shelter in the club house first or lowest elevation area possible.
- Avoid large open/elevated areas, metal objects (golf clubs, carts, etc.), trees, etc.
- Rain checks will be issued upon request at the discretion of Pro Shop staff.
The Ole Miss Golf Course recognizes that certain Members and guests may have disabilities and/or restrictions, which may make it difficult to walk normally required distances while playing golf. Medical carts may be used by these players only. For your safety and to prevent excess damage throughout the course, we ask that you follow the guidelines below.
- Medical carts are available upon request when checking in with the Pro Shop prior to a round. Please load your bags on the first available cart and notify our Pro Shop staff of your cart # so they can activate the medical cart accommodation within our cart GPS system. Note: Medical carts will not be issued on days designated as “Cart Path Only”.
- Medical cart accommodations allow the player more access to green complexes and tee boxes that do not present a safety hazard for player(s) and or potential damage to the course. We also ask that no golf carts are driven around sand bunkers, grass bunkers, swales, collection areas, etc.
- Medical carts are permitted to drive on Par 3 fairways.
- Medical carts are restricted from the parking lot.
- The Golf Course Manager or golf staff shall designate the hours of operation and the times that the range shall be closed due to wet conditions, frost, etc. He shall also direct the use of the area around the practice tee and practice greens.
- Golfers must hit between the ropes on the driving range at all times.
- The same golfing attire is expected on the range as the golf course.
Course Guidelines and Rules
- Proper golf attire is expected. See Dress Code for details.
- Foursomes have priority, followed by threesomes. A single or twosome may be paired during busy times. Singles are allowed at the dirscetion of the Pro Shop Manager/Supervisor. Groups of five or more are not allowed.
- All players shall start on the number one hole unless otherwise directed by the Golf Course Manager.
- U.S.G.A. Rules govern all play except where amended local rules and conditions specify otherwise.
- Pace of Play: 4 hours is considered the acceptable pace for a foursome on busy days when carts are allowed off paths, 4 hours and 15 minutes is the standard when required to stay on paths. If a group loses the distance of one hole and is not keeping pace with above times they should first, try speed up and close the gap, and if this is not possible, they should allow groups behind to play through as necessary to keep play moving. Fast play is an equally serious problem. Groups should maintain their position on the golf course without either holding up behind or pressuring those in front. Twosomes and threesomes should maintain the pace above and not expect to go through every group. Slow play or fast play violations are both considered serious infractions of unacceptable course etiquette.
- Players entering bunkers shall smooth out and rake all depressions before leaving the area.
- All divots must be carefully repaired.
- Repair all ball marks promptly upon reaching the green.
- Paper in any form, bottles, glasses and other such objects are not to be left on the course.
- No practicing is permitted from fairways, tees or bunkers. Pitching and putting on the regular greens is prohibited. Adequate practice areas are maintained for this purpose.
- The golf course may not be used for any other purpose other than playing golf. Fishing, playing games, riding bicycles, etc. on the golf course is prohibited.
- No unauthorized vehicles shall be driven on the golf course or surrounding grounds
- Private cooler are allowed.
- Coolers must fit in cart basket.
- Ole Miss coolers and ice may be purchased in the pro shop.
- A maximum of 1 cooler per golfer is allowed.
- Rain checks are issued as a courtesy to our customers for inclement weather, family emergencies, etc.
- We reserve the right not to issue a rain check if inclement weather is present when you start playing, so please keep this in mind before paying your fee.
- Rain checks will be issued for a dollar amount credit on a per hole prorated basis - green fees and cart fees.
- You must furnish your receipt to obtain a rain check.
- The rain check is issued to be used towards the purchase of a future green fee and cart fee.
- There will be no cash refunds.
- The rain check is not valid for merchandise sales, food or beverage purchases.
- Rain checks may only be redeemed one at a time.
- Rain checks will expire in 30 days from the date on the receipt. The computer keeps track of rain checks and will not allow any to be redeemed after thirty days, so please do not ask the pro or clerk behind the counter.
Golf Course & Driving Range Golf Attire Guidelines
Collared shirt or golf style pullover. No tee shirts, muscle shirts, etc. Slacks or golf length shorts. (While not preferred, jeans in good condition are acceptable.)
Golf style shirts and tops. No tee shirts or halter tops. Golf style slacks, skirts or shorts. No short shorts. (While not preferred, jeans in good condition are acceptable.)
Golf or tennis shoes are required. (No bare feet, flip flops, street shoes or boots.)
***All dress guidelines apply to the range and the golf course.
Failure to abide by these rules and regulations may result in loss of membership, golfing privileges and forfeiture of membership dues.
Last revised 6/23/2020